Most US citizens want to visit Nepal either for work or mainly for holidays, the main question raised here is, do US citizens need visas for Nepal?
In this blog post, we are going to answer all the questions related to tourist visas for Nepal from the United States of America for US citizens mainly including contact email, phone number, etc of the US embassy in Nepal and the Nepal Embassy in the US.
So buckle up and get ready to explore the country of the Himalayas and create an unforgettable memory of a lifetime.
Do US citizens need visas for Nepal?
Yes, US citizens need a visa to travel to Nepal. They can obtain a Visa On Arrival in Nepal, depending on the duration of their stay and whether they want a single-entry or multiple-entry visa.
How does a US citizen get a visa for Nepal?
Here are the steps that a US citizen needs to follow to obtain a visa for Nepal:
- You can get a visa in advance at a Nepalese embassy/consulate or on arrival at certain entry points into Nepal.
- Visa on arrival is available for US citizens for up to 90 days, and there are three visa options: a 15-day visa for $30, a 30-day visa for $50, or a 90-day visa for $125, all for multiple entries.
- You need to have a passport that is valid for at least six months and has at least two blank pages.
- You also need to submit either a certificate of full vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative COVID-19 test report taken within 72 hours of entry.
- If you want to apply for a visa in advance, you need to fill out an application form, submit your passport, a passport-sized photo, and pay the visa fee.
- If you want to get a visa on arrival, you need to fill out a visa application form, provide your passport, and a passport-sized photo, and pay the visa fee in cash.
- When traveling to Nepal, remember to bring your passport, visa, and other necessary documents like your US driving license or IDP.
What is the cost of an On Arrival Visa?
The visa fees vary depending on the duration of your stay:
- 15 days: $30
- 30 days: $50
- 90 days: $125
Can I travel to Nepal with a US passport?
Yes, you can travel to Nepal with a US passport. The US passport is considered one of the strongest passports in the world.
As a US citizen, you are eligible for a tourist visa on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu or other entry and exit points in Nepal.
You can also obtain a visa from Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad before your arrival.
Is Nepal cheap to visit from the United States of America?
Depending upon the seasons, the pricing may vary but usually, it is cheaper to visit Nepal from the US.
To the fact, it is relatively inexpensive to travel to Nepal compared to other countries. Because Nepal’s cost of living is low, tourists can enjoy lower costs for accommodations, food, transportation, and activities.
The cost of your trip, however, is determined by your travel style, your accommodations, and your activities.
The cost of traveling to Nepal from the United States is relatively low. Getting to Nepal from the United States costs around $700-$1000. A few dollars a day can cover most expenses while on a trek.
How to get air tickets from the US to visit Nepal?
If you’re planning to travel from the United States to Nepal by air, there are several options available for booking your tickets as well as booking your hotels.
How many dollars can I carry to Nepal?
You can carry a maximum of US$ 5,000 from the US to Nepal without any customs declaration. For more information, you can read our in-depth guide about carrying US dollars to Nepal here.
Related: Is Nepal Safe to Visit?
Does Nepal have US Embassy?
Yes, Nepal has a US Embassy located in Kathmandu. Nepal also maintains an embassy in the United States.
What is the address of the US Embassy in Nepal?
The address of the US Embassy in Nepal is Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal which is located near T.U. Teaching Hospital. To be precise, it is located near the Chakrapath area.
What is the phone number of the US embassy in Kathmandu, Nepal?
The phone number of the US Embassy in Kathmandu, Nepal is +977-1-423-4000.
What is the email address of the US embassy in Nepal?
The email address of the US Embassy in Kathmandu, Nepal is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I find the Nepali Embassy in the United States of America?
Yes, Nepal maintains an embassy in the United States, located at 2131 Leroy Place, NW Washington, DC 20008.
Contact: Tel: +1 (202) 667 4550 Fax: +1 (202) 667 5534
How long can US citizens stay in Nepal with a tourist visa?
US citizens can stay in Nepal with a tourist visa for up to 150 days a year, which can be extended by visiting the Department of Immigration or Immigration Office in Pokhara.
In the end, US citizens can get a Visa On Arrival in Nepal. However, there are certain things you need to check before visiting Nepal from the US.
- Always check the Department of Immigration for the latest visa requirements before traveling to Nepal.
- Carry US dollars to pay bills related to Nepali visa fees.
- If you are traveling from India by land then you also need to pay cash in U.S. dollars for the visa fee.
- Always check the US embassy in Nepal and note their phone number as well as email.
- Exchange local currency at exchange centers and get Nepali SIM Cards in airports.
- Read our Getting Around Nepal guide to learn more about Nepal.
- Always check travel booking sites to get better deals.
I hope you are clear about Nepal’s visas related to Americans. If you have any comments/queries feel free to comment below.